Monday 5 September 2011

Old and New

Hello all! I hope you're all enjoying the last few days of summer before autumn comes around once more. I do so love this season, all the colours and the crisp breeze. And my birthday!
Onto craft news, I have a finished finish to share. Remember Charizard? Well here he is, finished as a pinkeep for my boyfriend . . .



As this piece was for a boy, I decided I didn't want to add cording and ribbon to it. Instead, I opted to keep it simple by just placing a few bold pins at the top.
I thought this fabric was perfect for backing fabric . . .


Lawrence was really happy with his piece, he even called it "his most treasured possession". I think he might be flattering me, but it was nice to hear how much he appreciated the time and thought that went into this gift. Now he wants to full set, so I'm sure it won't be long till I'm stitching some more Pokemon!
In other news, here's a pic of my work in progress, LK's All Things Bright. I did do a little stitching on holiday, but most of this has been done since I returned. I'm over half way through!


I've got the most perfect fabric to finish this off as a rustic pillow. I can't wait to finish it.
And finally, who remembers about a query I had after some posting issues on ebay? The seller offered to send me another chart, free of charge, in order to compensate. I gladly accepted and it was a good job I did because look what she sent! My very first JBW Designs chart, French Country Love. I know this is going to be a redwork piece and I'm looking forward to starting it soon.


But there are so many other charts I want to start stitching on too. There's my exchange piece to finish and I want to complete at least one Hallowe'en design. Plus there's Christmas to think of and all the wonderful stitching that that entails. Oh so many charts, so little time :)
I've only got two weeks to go before I set off for Uni. It's such a scary and exciting time. Exciting because of all the new people and my wonderful new course, but scary because it means packing everything in my room. I don't even know where to start! Of course, my stitching stuff is high priority :) But it's going to be a mountainous task - wish me luck!
Best wishes to all, have a lovely week,

 
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Chris said...

Hello Becka,
I think the fabric that you chose to finish the small is perfect.
I am looking forward to fall too. I love this season.

Unknown said...

Charizard looks really good! The backing fabric is perfect.

Good luck packing!

Teresa said...

You did a nice job finishing Charizard. Great fabric.
Love Bright and Beautiful.
Can't wait to see you stitch the new pattern.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Dani - tkdchick said...

Becka love your new profile pic! Cute little puddy tat and all!

Great job on the gift for your BF! Of course he loved it!

Thanks for your kind words.

Lesleyanne said...

Your Chizard finish is gorgeous. The backing fabric is perfect. I hope my boys don't see it as they will want one too. Good luck with the move. Lovely progress on your L*K.

Peggy Lee said...

I know your BF was so pleased with your gift and the time you put in to it. You finished it so nicely too!

I would also be nervous about the coming move but I am also very excited for you. I hope you have time to keep stitching!

Sarah said...

Chizard looks awesome, great finish! L*K is looking great too. Good luck with your packing! I find it's always a bit of a mission :P

Happy Stitching

Scully said...

You'll do a great job at Uni. Good to have a hobby to relax you.

Catherine said...

Your piece for your boyfriend came out great!

Great progress on your current wip too!

Best wishes on your move! Stitching does calm the nerves!

Lynn said...

Great job on the pinkeep!! I love that backing fabric too, it's perfect!
Your LK piece is really coming along. Love the JBW design too. That will be a fun stitch!
Good luck with the packing. We've often talked about how bad it would be if we ever had to move. We've just got too much stuff!

Carol said...

I love your boyfriend's comment about your finish, Bekca! How nice that he is so appreciative :)

Love your new JBW chart. I just finished my first JBW, too--a Christmas tree ornament.

I still remember how excited/nervous I was when I left for college and that was almost 40 years ago. It is a wonderful time in your life and I know you'll enjoy your years at university... Good luck with all that packing!

Justflo said...

Lovely finish there Bekca, bet your BF will be delighted.
Good luck with UNI. It's a new adventure.

Jennifer M. said...

The pin keep came out great! Perfect for a guy. I'm glad your boyfriend liked it. Your WIP is looking fabulous too.

Good Luck on getting ready for university. :)

Jen