Sunday 11 September 2011

Memories

Today cannot pass without remembering those who died on the fateful day 10 years ago. Although I was young, I do remember watching the events unfold and being horrified as people ran for their lives away from the collapsing buildings. So many brave people should not be forgotten.

I have come to blog about my new scrapbooking haul. I tried a different website, just to compare, but they wanted £19 just for postage and packing! Luckily, 123stitch pulled through and I got these beauties for the combined price of £6.68 ($10.65), much more reasonable for a student like me. I am quite happy to pay the £3.76 p&p they ask for, it's a good price. Anyway, here are my goodies . . .



One sheet of flocked stickers from K&Company (left) and two sheets of Dear Lizzy Thickers, these ones are all in beautiful greens and browns. Can't wait to do a page with these!
Next up are these gorgeous Remarks stickers called Etiquette. I had to snap these up, for only £1.24! There's lots of different colours so I hope to find lots of different ways to use them.


And lastly my most expensive purchase (but still a bargain at £2.94) is this pad of Distress Ink by Tim Holtz. I've seen some wonderful scrapbook pages using this product over at http://www.scrapbook.com/ and I thought I'd give it a go myself. I'll let you know how I get on!


I've been doing a little bit of stitching, but not really that much. My mojo is still wandering. I am sorting through all my cross stitching stuff soon in preparation for Uni, so maybe that will kickstart my needle. I've decided to take my cross stitch tower with me, but I want to fill it with stuff I will actually use, not some of the junk I've been storing in there at the moment.
Just over a week to go before I set off for Uni! Can't wait!
I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday doing things you love.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Bekca, you have gotten some wonderful things there to help with your scrapbooking. You will just love the Distress Ink. Even a klutz like me when it comes to scraping has no trouble using it.
Blessings, Barbara

Lesleyanne said...

Great new stash. Good luck with the move to Uni.

Shelley said...

The memory of 9/11 will stick with all of us older enough to remember it at the time I think. And its something that touches each of us..

Love the scrappy haul.. distress ink is one of my staples in my stash - its awesome!

xx

Carol said...

Oh, my, I'll bet it's hard to believe your time to leave for university is so near, Bekca!! I sure hope you have time to do a bit of stitching and/or scrapbooking while you're there. Looks like you got some nice goodies for your scrapbooking stash :)

Good luck with all your packing--you'll have a grand time at school!