Thursday 27 May 2010

Rest Time

Hooray and hurrah, I have a lovely long break from my exams! The Drama went very well on Tuesday evening, and the History exams the following day went quite well too. We'll just have to wait till August to see if the examiners agree with me. There has been some progress on the stitching front. Here's Charlie . . .

He is coming along, just in a slow and steady sort of way. I decided to start a new project this week, introducing my red work sampler . . .

The design was originally featured in a recent CrossStitcher magazine and was designed for children. But I thought I would give it a go using only DMC 115 and see what it turned out like. If I like this style, I can then progress to more intricate red work patterns, but this is me just trying out a new area of cross stitch. I am hoping this will be a fairly quick stitch, seeing as I'm only using one type of thread.

I have spent the morning sorting through all my stash and trying to put it in some kind of order. I found little cover kits I forget I even had so I might spend time this afternoon making a few of those up. I am having this day at home, just relaxing and indulging in some hobbies, but then it's back to the books for me! I've got half term next week so that will give me plenty of time for revision, blogging and the odd bit of cross stitching too :)

Happy Stitching!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: