Friday 7 May 2010

Busy Litte Bee

I have had a rather busy week this week, what with babysitting, schoolwork and now the drama rehearsals are in full swing. I have made time for some stitching though, I find it relaxes me after a night of revising. I have been working on my little Margaret Shelley hedgehog which is now looking like this . . .

The white parts I have stitched don't really show up on the photo so I have actually done more than you can see! I'm not sure how I will finish this one at the moment. Maybe in a card since it's a fairly small design. In other stitching news, there has been more progress on Charlie . . .

The ark is so close to being finished now, then I get started on the animals and then little Charlie himself. I do enjoy working on this piece because it's mainly blocks of sepia tones but has got rainbow highlights to give the design a splash of colour. I think Charlie will have to go up on my wall when he is done.
The results for Head Girl were today and I didn't get it. I came second, with only one vote in it. Annoying indeed but there's not really a lot I can do about it. Plus the girl who did get it is a close friend of mine so I can't find it in myself to be bitter when I know she will do an excellent job.
I've got a busy few days ahead of me now as we're going to look at Winchester University tomorrow for their open day, then it's our local village fair on Sunday which I'm going to with my friends. Here's hoping for a nice day!

I hope you have a lovely weekend,


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry you didn't get the Head Girl position. Hope you had a great weekend. Looking forward to seening more progress on Charlie.