Sunday 27 July 2014

Stitch From Stash Update: July



July has been a real whirlwind month for me. I moved out of the city I had lived in for three years, made a new city my home, started my new job and started committing myself to finally finishing a novel. And between all that, I've always made time for my stitching :) It's time for another update and this month, I actually spent money!

Total spends: 

99p for a DMC thread needed to complete Miss Peepers.

Finished projects:

I've had lots of lovely comments on Miss Peepers already, thank you all so much for your kindness. Here she is again, she was my only finish for this month.



New starts:

I started a Christmas in July themed stitch and I'm making good progress. It's a bit slow going because the various shades of similar colours means I have to concentrate, and sometimes I don't feel like doing that after a seven-hour shift! But I am enjoying the piece, I think it will be a sweet finish when it's done. (sorry about the creases)


So that's my update for this month. I think I've got plenty to keep me busy over the next couple of months, but I'll feel much more at ease when I can have all my stitching stuff back with me :)
I hope you're all enjoying a lovely weekend. I'm posting early this morning because I'm off shopping with my sister today. It's been awhile since I've seen her and I can't wait to catch up :) Have a lovely day! 



3 comments:

Sally said...

Your Christmas in July piece is looking good :). I need to start something really. Was looking through my stash at some ornaments. I wonder if I can get one before the end of July lol!

Carol said...

Nice going on your stitch from stash spending, Bekca! Love your Christmas WIP...

Jacqueline Morris said...

Miss Peepers is wonderful... I really love it, the colors are great and it just looks really cute :)
Oooh your Christmas (pudding maybe) looks lovely too, coming together nicely.
Smiles :)