Wednesday 9 July 2014

A Different Kind of New Start

Hello all! I started my new job at the start of the week, I'm working at ALDI in Southampton. I was very pleased to get this particular job as its in an ideal location within walking distance from my house. I've done two shifts and today is my first day off. 


I like the freedom my new job gives me as I have two days off a week, as well as some afternoons. This is great for stitching time! Miss Peepers is coming along a treat. I was pleased to hear that I had been a bad influence on Justine from Justine's Cross Stitch, who has recently purchased this chart to stitch for herself. I can't wait to see your version Justine!
Here's where I'm up to with mine . . .


Not too much more to go actually, I think I may be able to finish it within the next couple of days. And then I'm going to have to get creative with what I stitch next. As most of you know, I packed up a lot of my stitching stuff when I moved to go into storage. I have a few supplies with me, but I also remember the vast collection of charts I have saved on my computer. I may not have a printer, but I know the library offers printing services. Oh, the lengths I will go to for cross stitching! :P
Hope you're all having a great week, best wishes. 


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job!

The birdy is very cute.

Annie said...

Lovely stitching, and congrats on the new job!

valerie said...

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like you are enjoying it so far. Great progress on Peepers.

Sarah said...

Haha I am glad I'm not the only one that has resorted to the library printing service for cross stitch charts after moving!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looking great and I'm glad to hear you're liking your new job!

Carol said...

What would we do without libraries?! So glad you are enjoying the new job, Bekca, and also your free time... That bespectacled birdy is just adorable!

dixiesamplar said...

Mrs. Peeps is adorable, Bekca! And congratulations on the new job...so happy for you!!!

Angela said...

So glad you are enjoying your new job. Your stitching project looks lovely :)