Tuesday 12 July 2011

Lucky Lucky Lucky!!!

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to share with you the amazing parcel I received today from the lovely Terri at Dixie Sampler Designs. Terri had emailed me saying she had a very goodies to send me but I never imagined it could be so much!
So I came home from my swimming class this morning and my mum presented me with a box - that's right, a BOX - and said it had come from America. I knew it must have been from Terri so I eagerly teared open the outer cardboard to reveal this . . .



After lots of ooh-ing and aah-ing and delighted squeals, I ended up with a pile of stitching goodies that are all perfect for me. And here they are in all there splendour!


Terri sent me the most gorgeous handmade pillow; this is the first one I have. I'm not sure what the design is, but it's stunning and so beautifully well made.






Next up was twelve - yes 12! - hand-dyed threads. I have never owned or used hand-dyed threads before because they are rather expensive in the UK. All of the colours are wonderful and I love that they all have names. My favourite of the bunch has to be Americana because I have seen so many beautiful blue things made on fellow blogs. I can't wait to stitch with this one.



I also was lucky enough to receive three cuts of gorgeous fabric: Ask Rose lugana, Mocha Creme lugana and Heartland Cottage evenweave. The last two are neutral shades which are my favourite to use. I have never tried Rose coloured fabric but I'm already planning what projects I could use it for! Also in this next picture is a lovely watermelon notepad that I'm planning to use for my shopping lists at Uni, plus the most lovely pair of scissors I have ever had the pleasure to own. They are so pretty, my mum even had her eye on them, even though she doesn't do needlework. Yes, the chocolates have already gone :)



And the list goes on. Here we have two beautiful charts, including a Lizzie Kate one that I've never seen before called All Things Bright and Beautiful. I'm going to stitch for the LK SAL on Mondays over at the Lizzie Kate Lovers blog. I've also been given my first Blackbird Designs chart called Spring Tulips. Terri was generous enough to include all of the DMC threads needed to stitch these two designs.



Terri must have picked up that I'm trying to better my finishing skills because she sent me these wonderful cuts of fabric. I have no idea how she did it, but all of them are perfect for me. I love the one with the bold flowers the most.



And last, but no means least, I got these two beautiful charts from The Drawn Thread, the first one is the Brown Ranch Sampler, the second is There's No Place Like Home. I think they are both stunning and I can't wait to stitch them.


Terri also included some DMC Metallic thread, a pack of needles, a lovely bag of buttons, two spools of perfect ribbon and a doily that you can stitch on.
I feel so grateful to receive such a generous parcel of goodies. Thank you so much Terri for brightening my day, my week even with this beautiful collection of stitching supplies. I know I will put all of it to good use and I can't thank you enough for sending it all to me. Your kindness is inspiring. Thank you again my friend.


10 comments:

Teresa said...

What a wonderful package you received. Enjoy them all and have fun.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lesleyanne said...

What a great package. I hope you enjoy it all and have fun with it.

Lynn said...

Terri has sent you an absolutely wonderful package of goodies! I can imagine just how thrilled you are. Enjoy them all, especially those floss!

Jen said...

Looks like you will be having fun!

Catherine said...

What a fun mail day for you! Can't wait to see all that you make with these goodies!

Unknown said...

:o) Your are so welcome my dear friend!! I have been putting things away for you since the first time I met you on-line...your enthusiasm for our craft touched my heart!!! Enjoy the goodies, and I wish you the absolute best at University!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Carol said...

What a delightful package, Bekca--you'll be all set for a while with that great bunch of goodies :)

Sarah said...

What an amazing package! Your stash must be looking so healthy right now!

Happy Stiching :)

Patty C. said...

Congratulations - Enjoy !!

Teresa said...

Hi, I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. You can visit my blog for instructions.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches