Monday 11 July 2011

A Bit Different

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Mine was certainly very busy, but I enjoyed it all the same.
Thank you so much for the kind comments about my finish in my last post. I will definitely continue to practice and make more lovely ornaments so that my room will be filled with them come December.
At the request of Teresa from Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches, I'm here with a scrapbooking post. Scrapbooking is my second favourite hobby after cross stitching because I am a big lover of photos. I have countless albums and framed pictures all around my room and I think scrapbooking is a nice way of displaying some of those pictures. So, I thought I'd share a couple of scrapbook pages that I've done recently. Don't worry, normal stitchy service will resume in the week! Charizard is coming on really well and I hope to make a new start soon too, maybe another Christmas themed piece?


Piano Man - the picture is of my friend Callum, he is a superb self-taught pianist.





Oui Oui Paris - a picture I took myself of the Eiffel Tower when I visited Paris in 2009





Try Not to Stare
This is my favourite page I have ever done with two pictures from a school trip to Paris I went on a couple of years ago now. I like that the picture of the two boys was taken at exactly the right time. I also really like the butterfly rub on that I've got a close up picture of here . . .






When I went hunting for felt last week at Hobbycraft, I couldn't help picking up a couple of extra bits for my other crafting love too. If any one else enjoys scrapbooking or papercraft, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anita's Letter Stickers. They're so easy to use and I find them more sturdy than Hobbycraft's own brand. I got a gold set, some other letter stickers, butterfly stickers and some adhesive ribbon, which is another favourite item of mine. Here's my little haul!







Thank you so much to Barbara for sending me the beautiful Just Nan chart, Bluebird Alphabet. Barbara was passing it on after she had finished stitching with it and I will be doing the same so that another can enjoy this lovely chart. Look out for it!


I hope you all have a very pleasant week doing lots of stitching and any other crafts you enjoy. Best wishes,



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely scrapbooking, what great photos! The Just Nan chart is just as beautiful as you say, I think I'll have to add that to my ones to look out for list. I'm sure it will look fantastic when you finish (and start) it!

Sarah

Catherine said...

Your pages look wonderful! Very creative! The Bluebird pattern is very cute - can't wait to see your start!

Teresa said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. It is a wonderful to show off your beautiful pictures.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

Don't know how you manage to fit in both stitching and scrapbooking with school, too, Bekca. Do you think you'll continue when you head off to university?

Your pages are very nice and a wonderful way to keep all your special photos in one place...

Hope you're enjoying your summer!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great scrapbook pages! I take pictures, but rarely do I get them printed!