Friday 15 July 2011

Award, Framing, Progress

Agreed, that's not a very imaginative title, but it is very precise :)
Hi everyone. Thank you for your lovely comments on my previous post, I can't wait to make things using all my wonderful new stash.
I have been honoured by both Emma from EveningEmma and Teresa from Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches to receive the Stylish Blogger Award. I am very thankful that both these ladies thought of me and my little blog.


The rules are very simple:


1. Thank the person who has awarded you.

2. List seven things about yourself.

3. Pass the award to 15 other stylish bloggers.

Seven things about me:
1. I will be leaving home in September to move to Winchester to study Drama and Creative Writing at the University of Winchester. And I can't wait!
2. I can't function without breakfast cereal in the morning, after that, I'm ready for anything.
3. My best holiday was to South Africa in 2004. I learnt to stitch on this trip and discovered so many other things.
4. I have a slight shoes addiction. Last count, 34 pairs :)
5. I live in a little village with a school, a pub and a post office and not really much else. A place where everyone knows each other.
6. I am actually a year older than my boyfriend, and he is hoping to go to Oxford University next year to study History.
7. One day, I'm going to be a successful playwright, with any luck.

And the award goes to these 15 Stylish blogs, in no particular order:
1. Lynn from Kearnel's Korner
2. Peggy Lee from Kentucky Sampler
3. Lesleyanne from Lesleyanne's Life of Stitches
4. Carol from Stitching Dreams
5. Jen from Speedy Stitcher
6. Justflo from Wizzybuff
7. Terri from Dixie Sampler Designs
8. Sarah from Kiwi Gets Crafty
9. Barbara from To Stitch or Not To Stitch
10. Nataly from Nataly's Needle Creations

And that's all I've got I'm afraid. Not that I don't follow other wonderful blogs, but I know a few have been given this award already and some choose to not take part in these schemes, which is their choice. So, here's my Ten Stylish Blogs, I think they're all fabulous!
Thanks again to Emma and Teresa for thinking of me.

Now onto other things. Summer has given me an extraordinary amount of time in which to indulge my favourite hobbies and past times. I thought I'd be more productive one day (just one day mind lol) and sort out my craft drawer. Now, I honestly didn't realise how much craft stuff I've squirreled away in that drawer. I found mountains of frames, cuts of fabric that I'd forgotten I'd bought and all manner of lovely craft things.




So I took these many frames I found and my box filled with finished pieces and enjoyed a very pleasant morning framing these two cuties. Who remembers Luck from August last year? Well here he is in his perfectly sized frame . . .



I didn't buy this frame with Luck in mind, but it fitted perfectly.
My next piece was finished not too long ago, April this year, and again, I thought this hidden frame suited the piece quite well. This picture doesn't show it too well, but there are red flecks in the frame that give it a spooky edge. So here is Hallow Cats, finished and framed.




I was on such a roll that morning that I decided to finish lots of cards too. I was given this pack of Hobbycraft Kits and Cards a couple of years ago from an auntie and I had completed all the stitching, I just hadn't finished them into cards.
Now I have a stash of lovely Christmas cards, ready to use if ever I need one.





And if you've made it down this far, congrats! I'd like to finish with a progress pic of Charizard, who is stitching up very nicely. It's mainly big blocks of solid colour so it makes it easy stitching in front of the TV. I've finished the first page and I don't think it will be too long until this guy is finished for my guy.



I've got a normal weekend of work ahead of me now, which is not the most fun thing to be doing, but at least it's making me money ready for Uni. I hope you have a wonderful weekend whatever you're doing and cross a stitch for me!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the sorting and framing etc .. and isn't it nice once it is done and you are able to find things :) hope work is not tooo bad for you :) love mouse xxxx

Catherine said...

You certainly got a lot finished!! Everything looks so cute!

Teresa said...

I am happy that you get to venture away from home, enjoy yourself. I love that you have a small town to come home to.
You finishes are all nice.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Nancy in IL said...

Wow, Bekca! You've really been busy since I last visited! Congrats on your lovely finish of Nature's Beauty, and Pokemon is going to be so neat! It's so colorful. Your framing is grest, and everything looks professional. I'm so happy for you having received such a lovely stash haul. No one deserves it any more than you do!

Lesleyanne said...

Your framing and cards are gorgeous. Thank you for the award. Have a lovely weekend.

natalysneedle said...

Bekca,

Thanks for nominating me for a Stylish Blogger Award. I am honored to have you as a follower and enjoy the many comments you post on my blog. I love your progress pics and hope you have lots of stitching time before leaving in Sept.

Lynn said...

Thank you so much for nominating me for the Stylish Blogger award! I'm so glad that you enjoy my blog. Since I'm on holidays right now I won't be able to pass it on this time but I'm honored that you thought of me.
Your recent finishes are amazing! Fantastic work on your WIP too.

Carol said...

Aww...that is so sweet of you to nominate my blog, Bekca :) I'm always happy to see a new post from you, too, and I especially enjoyed this one and learning more about you. I had no idea that you wanted to be a playwright some day! You go girl :) I grew up in a small village which sounds a lot like yours--there is a lot to be said about the close neighbors who always know everyone and look out for each other. I enjoyed a very happy childhood there and have wonderful memories of the 17 years I lived there :)

Nicely framed pieces--I especially like Hallow Cats; and those cards are great--you'll have to save them for someone special when you give them away at Christmas time...I'm sure your boyfriend is pleased with the progress you're making on Charizard, too :)

Enjoy your Sunday...

Dani - tkdchick said...

those frames do suit your pieces perfectly! Like I you tend to stitch things up and forget about the finishing!

YOur WIP is looking good! Keep stitching!