Sunday 27 June 2010

I'm Back Again

It really was very silly of me to limit the days on which I blog. I felt bad on the days when I didn't manage to post and then I had to wait until my next blog day even if I did have something to write about. No more of that, I will just post when I have something of note to put down. Like today! Here is my finished Home Sweet Home . . .


I like this little sweet design, and will hopefully be stitching the companion piece in the magazine over the summer (she says). I think I will finish this piece like they do in the CrossStitcher magazine, a little cushion. When I have the time of course.
I have made a start on my next project. This one has a deadline since it is for a teacher who is leaving in the summer. She is going to Australia and I thought this would make a nice leaving/new home present. Here it is so far, For My Teacher . . .

I'm afraid my blog (and my stitching) was neglected a little bit recently since the Extended Project Qualification has begun. It's an extra qualification that we can do with the school that looks good on our applications for Universities. I'm going to write and direct a play for my project and I finished the first draft this evening! That's what has been eating into my stitching time, but it should get a bit more relaxed now.
Have a wonderful week,
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

A lovely finish!

I like the Teacher's Apple design, but don't have anyone to stitch it for - I'll have to save the chart for any grandchildren I have in years to come! :o)

Jen said...

Well done on your finish. The apple looks great I'm sure yourteacher will be thrilled to have that as a gift, I know I would be. Good luck with the EPQ are you using AQA as your awarding body?

Bekca said...

Thank you both for your warm messages :) Yep, we are using AQA and the work is all starting to kick in right now, too busy!

Anonymous said...

So Cute both of your projects !
Your teacher will sure love the gift !
Very encouraging and motivating to see your cross stitch projects. I've being doing surface/freestyle hand embroidery for a while now but I'm just starting to venture into cross stitch.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

home sweet home is beautiful.