Saturday 3 July 2010

Summer Ball and Summer Stitching

This past week has been very busy for me. I've had lots of school work to contend with, plus the play and also preparations for the Summer Ball, which was on Thursday. The evening was wonderful and I had such an enjoyable time. I found a picture of me looking half decent with my friend James so I thought I would share it with you.

On the stitching front, I have been working slowly, but definitely progressing on For My Teacher. This is quite a simple design with just block colours used, but I like the style of lettering. I can't wait to hand this to my teacher in a month, I think she'll really like it.

I'm afraid that's my only work to show you at the moment. The last few weeks of term are very hectic for us since we have to start our University applications and as Sixth Formers, we have to take an active role in Activities Week. We all have to volunteer our help to events with the younger years to assist the teachers. It does go towards our Volunteer Program hours though, and that's always good. The Volunteer Program is a scheme that allows us to clock up hours of voluntary work and we get certificates and bands after certain milestones. The Universities really like them, so I am pleased I got my 25 hour certificate recently.
I think I will have to wait until summer to get some proper serious stitching done, but I am still blog reading and working on For My Teacher. Have a lovely weekend,

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad you had a great time at your Ball. The apple is looking good. If you are like me it's only three weeks to go until the holidays then there will be lots of time for stitching!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Becka I think you looked smokin' hot for the ball! What a great dress and I love the silver shoes!!!

Your teacher piece is coming along nicely!