Wednesday 24 October 2012

Cosy Cats

Don't you just love this time of year? I keep meaning to take my camera out for a walk and get some snaps of all the beautiful autumnal foliage we have around our house. It does make the walk to Uni a lot more pleasant when they are amber leaves to kick up! 

This is my favourite time of the year for stitching too. Getting cosy with a blanket and a lap full of stitching is where you'll normally find me this season. I feel like I haven't been stitching as much as I'd like to recently, but I have got a new start to share.
New starts are just the thing to boost stitching mojo!


I picked up this Solo the Cat kit way back in 2010 at a big cross stitch convention in London. There were so many stalls selling great bargains, I picked up two kits half price that day. This one above, and a wolves design that is yet to be opened too! 
The similar colours in this piece means I have to have a good light when stitching on it. But I'm going along well. I'm not looking forward to all that backstitching though. Some of you may recognise Solo, I've stitched another design with this character before. It's in this post if you'd like to have a nosy. It was the first piece I finished after I started blogging :) How time does fly . . .

I've got a week off from work this week, but still going to Uni most days. I'm looking forward to this weekend though. Me and Lawrence will have been together for two years at the end of the month, so we are celebrating with an overnight stay in London, dinner out and an overnight stay in a swanky hotel! I'm so excited! It's so lovely to be able to treat ourselves once in awhile :)

I'm off to blog read! Can't wait to see what your busy needles have been up to :)
Best wishes,
 

PS Massive thank you to Tricia from The Stamper's Stitches!! She sent me an email saying she had a chart from my wishlist that she would be happy to send me - I'm so delighted! Thank you so much Tricia for brightening my day :D




9 comments:

Tricia T said...

LOL! You are welcome! : ) I love your little kitty, but I'd be dreading the backstitching, too. The good thing about it is it will make your project come to life, so it will be worth it in the end! : )

Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. Look forward to seeing your progress. Enjoy your time off work.

Teresa said...

I also love this time of year. I am sorry it has been so long since I have last looked at your blog. So sorry to read about your uncle.
I posted today about my lovely package from you.
Thank you so much it was just wonderful.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

ricketyjo said...

Good progress on the cat - I've also stitched one of these cats and I have another one in my stash somewhere. I'm not really much of a cat person but they are nice and simple for train journeys etc.
Have a fantastic time in London, there are so many nice places to go, I forget how spoilt I am living here all the time. :)

Sarah said...

Cute start! Congratulations on two years together - have a great time in London!

Carol said...

Congratulations on you two year anniversary, Bekca! Hope you have a fantastic time in London :)

Your new little cat start is adorable--glad you found a couple of nicely priced kits...Enjoy the rest of the fall--hope you get lots more "cuddle up in blankets and stitch time!"

Catherine said...

What a cute start! Your weekend away sounds wonderful!

Catherine said...

What a cute start! Your weekend away sounds wonderful!

Lynn said...

Oh, I do love Solo! He's so very cute!!
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary. It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Enjoy!