Tuesday 17 August 2010

Old and New

I have been taking part in all the normal activities in late summer; starting that homework that was supposed to be finished at the beginning, purchasing stationary for the next school year and meeting up for lunches with almost forgotten friends. But throughout all these tasks I have been cross stitching. I thought I better post a picture of Charlie, since he is a long way off being finished. A progress pic was in order so here it is . . .


I don't know why but I have a habit of choosing designs with fiddly backstitch - like Solo. This design just seems to have a lot of backstitch so I'm just going along when I feel like it. When I tire from the backstitching, I work instead on my new start for summer, Nelson . . .


This was a freebie kit of a recent edition of World of Cross Stitching and it was in my stash. I wanted something quick and easy that I could complete before the end of summer. I have done the main bulk of the white area (sorry, it's hard to see in the picture) and will soon be moving on to the many grey areas.
I'm still eagerly anticipating Thursday, but I'm trying to keep myself busy by re-organising my school folders and getting my study in order. I'm also off to the theatre on Friday with my mum, we're going to see Chicago.
I hope you're all having a great week,
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Becka, sounds like you're filling your summer days quite nicely!

You've got two lovely projects on the go there!

Enjoy Chicago with your Mum!

Mel said...

Looking lovely!

Have a great trip.