Thursday 4 November 2010

Autumn Projects

Half term is over now and it's back at school. But it's not boring because we're having a fancy dress day tomorrow! To raise funds for the Christmas Fayre, younger school pupils are allowed to wear their own clothes but because we get to do that every day, we get to dress up. Our challenge for this day was to dress as something beginning with "C". My idea (and I hope I will be the only one) is to go dressed as a Christmas Tree! I've got my costume all ready and I'll see if I can get a decent pic to share with you all :)
Onto stitchy news, the Twilight project is nearly complete with only one and a half squares left to go. These are really simple designs so stitch up quite quickly. Then I will move onto to making them into pillows.



I was working quite a lot during half term on The Foxes which is starting to take shape. You might be able to see from the picture (they should be clickable) that the little toadstools are shimmering. You combine one strand of floss and one strand of glitter to make them sparkle. I've never used this technique before and I really like it. So here's where I'm at on The Foxes.



I start my new job next weekend, but this weekend I'm going to a fireworks display and then to a party. Homework will have to wait till Sunday!
I hope you're all having a lovely week,


Posted by Picasa

No comments: