Saturday 13 November 2010

Project Finishes

This past week was really manic for me, which is why I haven't got round to blogging at all. There's coursework due in and University applications to complete, as well as starting my job this weekend. I do enjoy all areas of my life, but sometimes they do get in the way of each other :) I have been making time for stitching though, it relaxes me after busy days. My Twilight stitching is all done, just need to get the sewing machine out and transform them into pillows . . .


Can I ask, what do you use to stuff your pillows/ornaments with? For my previous ones, I used cut up bits of wadding so they were soft to the touch, but I would like to use something harder this time, like for pin pillows. Any advice about what you use and where I could possibly get the same product would be much appreciated :)
In other stitchy news, look what I finished!


This only needed a bit more beading on it, so I finished it up one evening. I didn't really like the big red stars on the top band so I replaced them with the year instead. This was my first Mill Hill finish, and I did enjoy it, but I think I would like a break from beading now! Mum said she's going to find a frame for it so we can display it at Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas, is anyone else already excited? I love Christmas time, especially in our village. There's carol services and decorating the green, all sorts. My next stitching project is going to be something Christmas themed so that I can hold my very first giveaway for Christmas. Look out for it!
I hope you are all having/had a lovely weekend and keeping warm in the autumn weather.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Becka, Great finishes! Keep on stitching (or beading) which ever you prefer.

Carol said...

I know just what you mean about finding stitching relaxing at the end of the day, Bekca...Your life sounds pretty crazy these days--hope things calm down for you, but that probably won't happen until after the holidays and after your university applications are submitted.

Love your beaded snowman piece--it is darling. And I know your friends will be thrilled with the Twilight pillows you made for them. As far as what I fill my ornaments with... I usually use the polyester fiberfill that comes in big bags at our local craft stores. For something heavier try using crushed walnut shells (found in pet stores here in the U.S.)... That may give you the firmness that you're looking for.

Good luck with your job:)

Fiona said...

OMG Ilove the twilight pieces, especially the Jasper one, did you chart it yourself? Loving the beaded snowman piece too, very christmassy! Good luck with the job and hope everything else calms down for you soon! x

Lynn said...

Your Twilight squares look great! Can't wait to see those pillows. I use polyfill for my pillows which I get at a craft supply shop. I know that many of the ladies use crushed walnut shells but I haven't been able to find them here in Canada.
I love the snowmen!! They're just too cute!

Jen said...

Great finishes. I use normal polyfil. I get mine from Dunhelm Mill rather than a craft shop and just pack it tight to get a harder pillow.

Gabriella said...

Wowwwwwwww ... Twilight is great ^__^
I love Twlight World ...
Good idea and good job!!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Love the snow people.