Friday 25 August 2017

At last, some stitching!

Thank you for bearing with me as I caught up with my own time line in the last couple of posts. It looks like I'll be writing a bit more about my travelling adventures, thank you so much for your kind comments about it.

But now I've finally got the post you (and I!) have been waiting for - a stitching update! I haven't got much I'm afraid, because I've only recently got back into stitching. But I do have a finish and a WIP to share.

First up is "A Nice Cup of Tea" which was featured in Issue 275 of CrossStitcher. I had just started it on this previous blog post, but I was finding the fabric frustrating, so when I picked it up again, I restarted the design on aida and sailed through it. I really loved completing each section, I think that's a trait of many of the designs I choose to stitch. I'm hoping to get this one framed soon.


When I was browsing through my collection of magazines, I found a companion piece to "A Nice Cup of Tea" and couldn't wait to stitch it. This is "Cocktail Hour", my current WIP, which is so close to being finished. 
Only two more drinks to stitch, and the second header piece and it will be done. I think it would be great to get matching frames for these two and then have them hanging side by side in my kitchen. 

I've so enjoyed catching up with my blog reading. I must admit, I haven't read every single post since I've been away, but I have read a couple of months back. I've found a couple of new blogs to follow, but I'm always on the look out for more, so feel free to leave your blog link in the comments and I'll be sure to check it out :)

I hope the next time I post, I'll be able to share a finish of "Cocktail Hour" and maybe a preview of what I'm hoping to stitch up next. 

Best wishes,

Bekca
xxx

8 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Bekca! So happy you stopped by to see Stitching Friends today. It gave us a chance to find you too. I love your new stitches and look forward to seeing how you finish them. I have just signed up to follow you and will tell my stitching buddy Mary about your blog too. Look forward to reading lots more. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

CalamityJr said...

I'm glad that stitching helps you through your pain. Love your finish and WIP; I'm going to have to see if I have issue 275!

Daffycat said...

Both of these are very sweet stitches! They will be so lovely in your kitchen!

Justine said...

I love both of these designs! Perfect for a kitchen. Tea and cocktails - the cure for all life's problems! (possibly)

Bekca said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words. I must admit, I'm not the best at finishing, but I'm so inspired by your blog. So glad to have found your site, best wishes.

Bekca said...

Thank you, I'm finding real solace in my stitching, it brightens up the dark days. Let me know how you get on with your search!

Bekca said...

I've decided I'm going to have a kitchen full of cross stitch to combine my two passions - stitching and food! 😄

Bekca said...

Couldn't agree more! I spotted the tea one first, which was perfect for me, and couldn't resist stitching up the cocktails too. I'm partial to a Cosmo 😄