I know I'm terribly late with this post, but hey, it's still January so why not?
Looking back at last year's New Year's resolutions, I managed to get a fair few done. My personal ones last year were:
1) Work hard for good grades for Uni - Success! I am a student at the University of Winchester and loving it.
2) Have more picnics - This one came true too, including a particularly delightful one with Lawrence when we were in the Lake District.
3) Take more film when on outings - this one could definitely be improved. I want to preserve memories as much as I can.
As for my stitching related ones, not too shabby on this front either:
1) Complete an LHN design - Complete! I finished Nature's Beauty and I've got more LHN now in my stash thanks to recent purchases.
2) Host a giveaway - Complete! I held my first blogaversary giveaway in April and I'm soon to hold another.
3) Take part in a small exchange - Complete! Although it unfortunately didn't last for all the rounds, I did take part in the Rotating Designer exchange and I hope Lesleyanne liked my piece! I adored what she stitched for me :)
4) Work on my fairies design - Oh dear, it's still tucked away . . .
5) Stitch something for a RAK - Not achieved last year, but I'm making it up for it this year with the Birthday Stitch Surprise.
6) Complete the ornament a month challenge - what with schoolwork and other commitments, it just isn't possible for me to definitely complete this. I'm sure I'll fit in a few though.
As for this year, I've seen so many posts about New Year challenges and I love reading them all. The big challenges are just not for me though, I haven't yet acquired as much wonderful stash as lots of you lucky ladies! I do have a few goals for this year though, a mix of personal and stitching.
1. I want to complete the Birthday Stitch Surprise - a parcel of goodies to one person each month. This one should be no problem to complete, it really is lovely choosing things others might like.
2. I want to become more confident on my sewing machine and improve my finishing techniques. I am still relatively new to finishing, but I'm getting better with each piece. I just need the practice.
3. To continue to work hard at Uni. I know how lucky I am to be here, and I thoroughly enjoy my course.
4. To become better at baking. I absolutely adore baking, it's my favourite hobby, second only to cross stitching. And it is a perk of living in a student house, you can bake lots and not have to worry about your weight - baked good disappear fast enough! I'm thinking I will post a few pics and recipes from time to time, I've got one lined up already.
5. To collect more egg cups. I've only just started this collection, but it's becoming a bit addicting. I love how they look lined up on my shelf.
So there you have it, my plan for the year. I hope you all enjoy seeing my progress on each of these tasks. I love reading about your goals :)