Wednesday 19 January 2011

Chilly Foxes

Hello everyone. How is your January going? I love seeing all the different projects on the Crazy January Challenge, as well as the Up for a Challenge. There are so many designs that I have been investigating because of them, checking to see if I can get some in the UK. My wish list has certainly grown since the challenges started!
I've been doing a fair bit of stitching in the last week or so. The Foxes has grown considerably, my girl now has a head :)



I've only got her hat to stitch using the glitter thread and the backstitching and this piece will be ready to be framed. I'm keeping this one for myself as I have a real love of foxes. What animals do you like to stitch?
I started another new design recently that I bought as stash awhile ago now. It's Chilly Paws by Brittercup Designs, featuring one of their lovely "Britty Kitties". Here's where I'm up to on that . . .



I'm thinking I will turn this into a pin pillow when it's done, if I can get out to our local fabric store some time soon. I don't have very much fabric at all and none of them seem right for this design. I will just have to go hunting for some more :)
I've started babysitting again so I get to use that time for my cross stitching. School is good at the moment too, we have a Drama performance coming up in one month's time but I'm sure my group will be fine. My mum's started making homemade soups recently, a new hobby that I greatly approve of. We had leek and potato today and it sure was yummy!
I might have a peek in my stash later on to see what I might like to stitch once I finish The Foxes. I don't think a finish is too long away now.
I hope you're all having a lovely week,
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Patty C. said...

Lovely work - Congrats on the progress

Fiona said...

looking great so far bekca :)

demeter83 said...

They are just absolutely gorgeous, I love them both!

Carol said...

Hi Bekca--your pieces are both coming along well. Interesting that you like foxes! I love stitching rabbits, deer, and birds. Luckily my favorite Prairie Schooler designs have lots of those :)

How nice that your mother has started making soups--there is nothing more satisfying on a cold winter's evening! Hope you have a fun weekend...

Unknown said...

Your pieces are coming along great! I like stitching teddie bears, and bunny rabbits. Otherwise its whatever strikes my fancy !

Lynn said...

Really great progress on the foxes! I love stitching anything that has a cat in it and I love deer as well. I've have one completed Britty Kitty design and hope to do more. Good luck with yours.
Oh that soup sounds yummy! With a high temp this weeked of only -21C I could sure use it!!

Bonnie Brown said...

Chilly Paws looks adorable
Can't wait to see how you finish it :)

Pumpkin said...

A friend of mine just finished this Gorjuss Girl :o) She's adorable and you're going a great job. I have the Gorjuss Girl with the rabbit to stitch myself.

It's nice to see a young person like yourself taking up this hobby! I started when I was about 19 :o)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

The little girl is so cute... keep going!