Sunday 18 February 2018

All change for February

Hello my friends, I hope this post finds you well. I've been having a busy time of late, as always! We've merged two district nursing teams as part of a cost cutting exercise, but sadly, the result has been that many staff have left. That means more work divided by less people and it's been a bit of a strain to say the least. However, I'm coming to the end of my contract with the District Nurses, so I only have to do my best for the next two weeks. I have another job lined up to start in March, I'm going to be a placement administrator for a foster care company. It looks like a difficult, challenging job, but I'm ready for it. It looks like it could be truly rewarding too.

When life gets a bit much, I always like to concentrate on looking after myself. That way, I can fire on all cylinders and get as much done as I can. For me, that involves sleeping plenty, eating right and always making time for cross stitching. I've made some good progress on Highland Walkies. It's a lot of block stitching, which makes it a good project for the evenings. Lawrie bought me a clip on lamp for Christmas too, so I use that a lot for good sight. Here's where I'm up to on my latest project:



I'm only working on one piece at the moment, which is unusual for me, I normally have at least two on the go! My Christmas chart hasn't seen the light of day since January, I still can't decide if I want to power through and finish it, or wait until November when I start to feel the festive spirit again. What would you do? 

I hope you've had a marvellous weekend and you should never feel bad about taking a little time out for yourself :)

Best wishes,
Bekca
xxx

3 comments:

RJ said...

Bekca it sounds like a very rewarding job you will be starting in March. I wish you the best and I know you will do great. I'm glad you always take good care of yourself when you get so busy...I need to do that more often. And I totally agree that stitching must be a part of the regime. Looking forward to progress on your new stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Daffycat said...

You can’t pour from an empty vessel, right. You keep yourself filled!

Your stitching is very nice. I have a few projects but I don’t rotate. I just seem to stitch whatever screams loudest!

Carol said...

You are smart to take care of yourself first, Bekca! My youngest son does the same thing--he has realized what a difference enough sleep, exercise, and eating right makes in ones life :) I wish you the best of luck with your new job--that does sound like it will be very worthwhile and will make a huge difference in children's lives.

Look forward to seeing your project grow :)