Sunday 14 January 2018

A Fresh New Year

Hello friends and Happy New Year to you all! Thank you for being so patient with me during my little break from blogging over the holiday season. 

I'm glad to report that my surgery was successful. The surgeon found endometriosis, but it was mild and they were able to remove it through key hole surgery. I have three little scars that I'm sure will be almost invisible in the not too distant future. I got to come home the same day as the operation, which I was really grateful for, it's much more comfortable being in your own bed. I was very slow and a bit weak in the days following, but my recovery has gone well, and I went back to work at the beginning of January. During my recovery time, I got to do plenty of stitching, which was a wonderful distraction to my swollen tummy. 

I've been really enjoying editing the magazine projects to suit my own tastes. I've been working on two pieces lately, one wintery and one Christmas themed. The first one is adapted from card designs by Durene Jones in Issue 326 of CrossStitcher. I liked the modern designs, but not the orange pallette, so I whipped out my thread boxes and started making my own combinations! This one just needs a little more backstitching and it will be complete. Do you think it's too big to be an ornament? The characters remind me of us, so it would be nice to have it up on the tree.




My other project is definitely too big for an ornament! This is Christmas is Coming from Little Dove Designs that was in Issue 324 of CrossStitcher. This was my big project I was working on during recovery, as it was an easy stitch on 14ct ice blue aida and block colours, with very little backstitching. I'm choosing my own colours again for this one, which has meant I could add little bits of metallic here and there for extra Christmas glitz. I've still got quite a few components left to add to this piece, and then I've got to make my mind up about adding the border or not.



I was lucky enough to receive a Sew and So voucher for Christmas and I stocked up on some lovely stash, I'll have to post the picture next time. I got a couple of kits too, one of which I think will be my next project. It will be a lovely introduction to Spring :)

I hope you've all had a wonderful start to the year and had plenty of stitching time this weekend. 

Best wishes,

Bekca
xxx

6 comments:

Mel said...

Glad your surgery went well!
I've been offered that surgery to look for endo but been reluctant to accept... so im really interested in if it helps you or not.
Lovely stitching!

Mary said...

Wonderful news that your surgery went well and you were able to enjoy your stitching time. I like your color changes for your little people.

Cath said...

Happy New Year Bekca !
Hope you had a good Christmas .
Glad the surgery went well and that you are recovering and back at work . Take care and enjoy your stitching , some lovely projects there.
Hugs xxx

RJ said...

So happy to hear your surgery went well Bekca. Love your new stitching. Hope you are enjoying the new year. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Carol said...

So glad to read that your surgery is over and went well, Bekca! You will be back to normal in no time, I'm sure. That is the nice thing about stitching--it can be done when you need to just take time off and rest yourself a bit :) Lovely pieces and I look forward to seeing what else springs from your needle and thread in 2018!

Brigitte said...

Great to read that your surgery went well and that you have fully recovered by now.
Sweet stitching that you have been doing during the convalescence.