Sunday 19 November 2017

Projects aplenty

Hi all, I hope you're well. I've been having a strong week this week. I'm enjoying work again and really feel like I'm making a difference. It's the best feeling to feel so content. I've been really into my stitching lately, even browsing the Sew and So website in my lunch break to seek out new projects! I had a lovely time going through my stash earlier this week and surprise surprise, I've got a lot more fabric than I thought I did :)

I've got a finish to share with you first. I'm lucky enough to have a subscription to CrossStitcher magazine and I'm trying to complete each of the cover kits in the same month as the magazine. So here is the card cover kit, Driving Home for Christmas, from the November issue all finished up . . .



This was a nice quick stitch actually, but I really like the effect, especially with the card board button. I've got some one in mind to send it too, alongside a festive parcel of goodies. I found another kit that I had misplaced in my stash for a pin cushion design. I think I'm going to get this one finished before the end of the year too, so I'm all up to date with my cover kits. 



I'm afraid I've made no progress on Cook's Notes lately. The back stitched letters are charted in such a way that I keep having to split aida blocks and really concentrate on it, so it's not one I can just pick up to do a few stitches in to unwind after work. I think it might become my weekend project, and during the week I will work on my latest new start, Love Cats by Brittercup Designs . . .


As I said, I went stash diving this week and unearthed so many lovely threads and fabrics that I haven't had a chance to use. I think I'm definitely to be able to stitch from stash for most of 2018! I'm using a mixture of beautiful variegated threads for this design and I think the finished look will be excellent. It's just whole stitches and a bit of back stitch, so I don't think it will take me that long to get it finished up. Then it will be on to the next project!

Are you doing much festive stitching? I'm thinking of whipping up a few cards with some of my scrappy pieces and odd and ends of threads. It's amazing what you can create with off cuts. Do you save your leftover threads from kits to make cards? It's a habit I got into when I didn't have much of a budget for stitching :)

I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful weekend. We had friends over for dinner last night and today we're off out with Lawrence's family to enjoy a Sunday lunch. I'm sure there will be stitching time this evening, after the baking and the laundry first!

Best wishes,

Bekca
xxx

4 comments:

RJ said...

Bekca, I love the card that you made. Using your stitches for cards is really going to be a lovely gift and a special card. I love the design you used. I do save my left over threads thinking there will be something I can use them for someday. So glad you found so many stitches you will be working on in 18'. It will be fun to see them for all of us. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

butterfly said...


Lovely card Bekca, I have this one to stitch too.
Have a lovely stitching week, hugs.

Mary said...

That is a special person to receive a cross stitch card. I have yet to combine my cardmaking and stitching hobby. YOur card is just lovely and I love the big tree on the little car.How fun to find things you forgot about in your stash! If the thread is big enough to get a few stitches out of it , I save it!!

Brigitte said...

That's a lovely card you made. The recipient will be thrilled about it.
I always use leftover threads from kits for smaller projects. Threads are really expensive and I use them all up.