Monday 11 September 2017

Walking the Long Path

Hello all, I'm back again with all kinds of updates to share. There's been so much going on lately, it's hard to judge where to start!

I finished with the District Nurses on Friday, where I was gifted with an enormous bunch of flowers and a lovely card. I was sad to leave the team, but they're actually all being disbanded in a huge company reshuffle, so it wouldn't have been the same anyways. I started with the Community Discharge team today, and I think my first day went well. They seem like a very nice group of people and the work is slightly more challenging (which is a good thing!) and it's close to Lawrence's work, so some days, we can walk to and from work together :) I think I'm going to be perfectly happy with my new team.

I had my consultant appointment at the hospital last week and I will be having surgery for my endometriosis. I thought this was likely, and I'm glad in a way, because although operations are scary (and this will be my first), it should reduce my overall pain. I'm still waiting on a phone call to confirm dates, but fingers crossed it will be in the next couple of months. I know I'm at the start of a very long path, but I'm not walking it alone. The surgery I'm penciled in for has a two week recovery time, so if my upper body is up to it, that's plenty of uninterrupted stitching time! 

Talking of stitching, I've made progress on one of my projects, and not put a stitch in the other since my last post. I think I'll have to change that soon. Anyways, here's where I'm up to on Sewing Machine:


I absolutely love the colours in this design and I'm really enjoying every stitch. I love Cook's Measurements too, so I really should be showing it some love! Here's a picture just for the sake of it :)


My 123stitch order arrived last week, so I've got all of the threads now to finish both of these pieces. There's no stopping my needle now! 
I hope you're all well and keeping safe from the horrendous hurricanes. My thoughts are with you all, I can't imagine how scary it must be. 
Best wishes,

Bekca
xxx



5 comments:

Cath said...

Good luck with your new position. And good luck with the surgery . I hope it gives you relief from the pain and problems . Take your time to recover and let Lawrence spoil you .x

Bekca said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. That sounds like an excellent idea, I'm very lucky as Lawrence loves to spoil me! 😄

Carol said...

I'm glad your new position looks like it will be a good fit, Bekca, but I'm sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I hope it solves some of your health issues...

Lovely stitching and it sounds like you'll be enjoying extra stitching time as well. Have a lovely weekend.

Gregg Dunne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Astrids dragon said...

Hope your week at your new position went well, how nice to be able to walk to work.
Sorry to hear about having to have surgery, but if it helps it should be worth it. And yes, stitching time!
Your two pieces look great, it must be hard to choose which one to work on.