Friday 24 October 2014

My Home

Thank you all for your kind comments on my last post. I certainly do feel like there is a bright future ahead, even if this particular chapter has come to a close. I'm enjoying living in my own place and working to maintain it. I truly do love making my flat into a cosy, warm place that I love to be in. I knew I had to put my own stamp on the place, and what better way with cushions!


I bought reasonable inserts from the massive Fabric Land in town. Making your own is certainly cheaper than buying anything from the high street. And you can make them unique too :) So, after making my fabric choices . . .


. . . and measuring, cutting, pinning and tacking the pieces . . .


. . . I began my wrestling match with the sewing machine. Now the thing is, I love my sewing machine, it was such a good buy. But it's sort of a love-hate relationship - I have a short temper when it comes to sewing. I will sit patiently and stitching for hours at a time, but sewing? I want it over and done with as soon as possible :P Still, they didn't turn out too badly. This is my new little living area . . .



I made the two base cushions and the brown/orange one on the left. I love the mismatched style and they're very cosy :)


The wicker sofa isn't particularly comfortable but the addition of cushions and a throw has improved it greatly :)

Next up, SFS update and a new project.
Best wishes to you all,

Bekca

2 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Really pretty cushions Becka!! Well done!

Carol said...

Looks like you're having a great time decorating your flat, Bekca--the cushions are so fun and cozy-looking :)