Friday 25 January 2013

The Kindness of Community

Hello everyone! The snow is at last starting to melt here on the hill. But now there's talk of flooding, will the weather ever just settle? Probably not :P
But snowy days do make for perfect stitching times. I've had a couple of evenings this week where I've finished my Uni studies, rushed home in the biting wind, pulled off my snow flecked coat, put on the kettle and settled in my chair with my stitching. I now have the most perfect stitching chair that I will have to share in a later post. My housemates all know that that's where I sit in the evenings and they don't dare to take up the space! At last, I have my own stitching chair! I always love being nosy and seeing where others stitch so I'll be sure to show you my cosy stitching sphere soon.

This post is dedicated solely to the kindness of Cath over at The Stitchin' Chicken. After seeing my post about running out of thread before finishing my chicken project, Cath offered to check in her stash for the matching thread. My lucky starts shone as Cath had just enough thread from a leftover kit to send to me. She sent the prettiest card along with the thread, as well as two magnetic bookmarks that make perfect needle minders. Thank you so much for your generosity Cath! Thanks to you, I can now proudly share my finished chicken . . .


Cath must have an affinity for helping cross stitched chickens in need :P
This is the first project I've finished for my sister. I've already picked out the backing fabric and will be making it into a pillow, ready to give to her when she visits in February :)

I do so love playing a role in this lovely community of ours. I'll be putting together a series of giveaways throughout the year as my way of giving back. Look out for them!

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I've got two days of work, but only short shifts. Plus I'm going to the Farmer's Market on Sunday morning which is always a lovely experience.
Best wishes to all,
 



8 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish for your Sister. A lovely think for Cath to do but then stitchers are the best.

Cath said...

Glad it arrived safely . Your chicken looks great , I'm sure your sister will love it .XXX

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Cute chick, so glad Cathy was able to help you out. CJ in OK

valerie said...

How sweet of Cath to send you some thread and goodies so you could finish your project! It looks great and I'm sure your sister will love it!

Catherine said...

Great finish! So glad Cath was able to come to the rescue!!

Teresa said...

How very nice that you were able to finish the piece with a little help from a blogger.
Can't wait to see your little stitching space.
Enjoy the farmers market.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Karoline said...

Glad to hear Cath was able to help. The chicken is lovely.

Lynn said...

This is going to make a lovely pillow for your sister. I'm so glad Cath was able to help you out and provide the floss.