Saturday 18 February 2012

Stash Diving

Good morning everyone! This is just a quick post from me to show you what I've been stitching on. Well, not everything that I've been stitching on, some things have to stay hush hush!
I was trying to work on Gingerbread Cottage because I really want to get it finished, but I felt myself falling out of love with it and I was desperate to try something new. I was indeed of a pick-me-up and I found the perfect design in my stash.


This is my progress on LHN's Always and Forever. I'm stitching it one over one on 28ct Mocha Lugana using Weeks Dye Works Americana, kindly sent to me by Terri last year.
 I love working on this piece. I love how it's so delicate and it takes ages for something to come together, but when it does, it looks so lovely. I've really enjoyed stitching on this whilst Lawrie has been away. I'm going to personalize it with our initials and the year we met. I love making ornaments for us :)
I hope you've all got a fun weekend planned. I'm spending the rest of Saturday doing a bit of work and baking. Then on Sunday, I get to go and see Lawrence because he's finally back from skiing! Hurrah! I'm so looking forward to it :D
Best wishes to all,

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a sweet design!!

Jules said...

Very pretty!

Lynn said...

This is a very sweet design and I love that you plan on personalizing it. Enjoy your day with Lawrence tomorrow. I'm sure he's looking forward to seeing you too!

Peggy Lee said...

I have that design but for some reason I never finished it. I love that you are doing it on 28 count over one. I am working on a piece now doing the same thing. That blue is beautiful!

Have a great weekend Bekca!

Teresa said...

Cute little piece. This is one I haven't seen before.
Have fun with Lawrence.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

Oh, that will be darling stitched over one, Bekca--and such a pretty color you're stitching with.

Enjoy your reunion with Lawrence :) My husband just got back from a skiing trip two days ago and I was so happy to see him again!

Sarah said...

Stash diving. . . that is an awesome phrase!! Love that piece, your mocha lugana looks great with the blue. Enjoy your weekend and seeing Lawrence again.

Jennifer M. said...

Such a precious design you have chosen. One over one looks really dainty does it? I just did some on a piece for the first time and I thought I was gonna go blind! LOL

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Jen

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous design and great progress. Enjoy your reunion with Lawrence.

lesli said...

Beautiful pick-me-up choice! The mocha fabric is a lovely pair with the floss!
Hope you have a wonderful time with Lawrence!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Wow beautiful start, it will be so cute when finished. CJ in OK ;-)